- The ultimate guide for gay dads: Everything you need to know about LGBT parenting but are (mostly) afraid to ask. Eric Rosswood. 2017.
- Journey to same-sex parenthood: Firsthand advice, tips, and stories from lesbian and gay couples. Eric Rosswood. 2016.
- Raising my Rainbow: Adventures in Raising a Fabulous, Gender Creative Son. Lori Duron. 2013.
- She Looks Just Like You: A Memoir of (Nonbiological Lesbian) Motherhood. Amie Klempnauer Miller. 2011.
- Confessions of the other mother: Non-biological lesbian moms tell all. Harlyn Aizley. 2006.
- The Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy for Lesbians: How to Stay Sane and Care for Yourself from Pre-conception through Birth, 2nd Edition. Rachel Pepper. 2005.
- The Kid: What happened after my boyfriend and I decided to go get pregnant. Dan Savage. 2000.
- "Some L.G.B.T. Parents Reject the Names ‘Mommy’ and ‘Daddy’." New York Times. Stephanie Fairyington. 4-26-18.
- "Andrea Lawlor on Why Hart Doesn’t Have Two Mommies." Mutha Magazine. 3-25-14.
- "The New Lesbian Dad." The Advocate. Abbey Dorsey. 4-8-13.
Washington State Law:
- Q-Law Association. The LGBT Bar Association of Washington. Great resource if you are looking for a lawyer to hire.
- Qlaw Foundation. Offers free clinics including those focused on second parent adoption in the Seattle, WA area.
- The Law Offices of Cynthia F. Buhr, PLLC. Specializing in family law and LGBT issues.
- Skellenger Bender. They handle the protection of LGBTQ families through adoption and parentage actions and assisted reproduction agreements (for egg, sperm, and embryo donation and surrogacy arrangements).
- Curran Law Firm. Specializing in representing LGBT clients.
- National Center for Lesbian Rights. Achieving LGBTQ Equality Through Litigation, Legislation, Policy, and Public Education
- Human Rights Campaign: Advocating for LGBT Equality.
- The LGBT Family Law Institute. A joint venture of the LGBT Bar and the National Center for Lesbian Rights, allows experienced LGBT family law practitioners to share collective wisdom and to discuss cutting-edge legal strategies for representing members of the LGBT community.
"Legal Recognition of LGBT Families," National Center for Lesbian Rights. 2016. A fact sheet with second parent adoption information.